This policy applies to the information that Lockpoint processes about our customers’ and website visitors’ contacts as a data controller pursuant to our legitimate business interests, as explained below.
A. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect or receive about you broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information we receive about Contacts from enquiries to our website and via other channels : You may provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, email address, address or telephone number.
(iii) Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms and third-party data providers. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us, and we use this information to provide publicly available social media information about you to
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive about you for our legitimate business interests, including:
• To protect the rights and safety of our customers and third parties, as well as our own.
• To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
• To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
• To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
• To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
• To provide, support and improve the Services. For example, this may include sharing your information with third parties in order to provide and support our Services or to make certain features of the Services available to our Members.
C. Cookies and tracking technologies
We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you interact with an email campaign or our website, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
D. Legal basis for processing
We process Personal Information about you as a data controller as described in this section, where such processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests typically include: improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products and services; and ensuring the security of the Services and our Website.
E. Other data protection rights
You may have the following data protection rights:
• To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. Lockpoint takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
• In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com
• You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.